Monday, March 12, 2012

Purple Blush: Flattering for all skin tones!

Did you know that purple blush gives a softer look than the ordinary pink/red toned blush?
My Shu Uemura Glow-Ons that I customized using their color atelier palettes :) a matte amber (contour), medium peach (color/accent), shimmery brown (contour), matte lilac/lavender (color/accent)
This purple blusher I'm using has some pinkish undertones

So I googled images "purple blush" and saw that not much people wear it - but when they did, it looked so soft and flattering.
Miz Naomi wearing a purple blush. 

Lara Stone for a Tom Ford fragrance ad with purples all over, including her cheeks! 
So I was convinced that the barely used purple blush should look flattering on all kinds of skin tones! 

I experimented a bit and put dark foundation/bronzer all over one-half of my face, and the lightest foundation on the other half.
Purple blush shows up looking like a "natural flush" even on darker skin tones. Surprisingly, it still appears subtle even when applied to lighter skin. :)

natural looking cheeks for everyone! 

lol! Hope you liked my little experiment! And definitely check out Shu Uemura's glow-ons. I saw 3 different purple blushers displayed in their store. Pick one that gives you the most natural looking flush! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment